As listed by nations largest pet insurer
An ear infection, stomach ache or cough can prompt a visit to your doctor and the same holds true for our pets.
While the majority of these conditions are curable, they can become chronic and expensive to treat. Veterinary Pet Insurance Co. (VPI) policyholders spent more than $46 million in 2011 treating the 10 most common medical conditions afflicting their pets. VPI, the nation's oldest and largest provider of pet insurance searched their database of more than 485,000 insured pets to determine the top 10 dog and cat medical conditions in 2011.
Below are the results
1. Ear Infection 1. Bladder Infection
2. Skin Allergies 2. Chronic Kidney Disease
3. Skin Infection 3. Overactive Thyroid
4. Non-cancerous Skin Growth 4. Upset Stomach
5. Upset Stomach 5. Periodontitis/Dental Disease
6. Intestinal Upset/Diarrhea 6. Diabetes
7. Arthritis 7. Intestinal Upset/Diarrhea
8. Bladder Infection 8. Ear Infection
9. Bruise or Contusion 9. Skin Allergies
10. Underactive Thyroid 10. Lymphosarcoma