Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Adopt-a-less-adoptable-pet week

 A special promotion for very special animals

There are many loving pets at shelters across the country in need of a forever home but many of them are passed over for a smaller or cuter animal.

Today through Sept. 25 Petfinder.com will feature these pets in a special gallery on its website.

The goal is to help organizations fight discrimination against less-adoptable pets due to age, color of fur, or certain physical conditions.

My last two little guys were what the rescue organization called "hard to place". Both were older and little Apso was blind and almost deaf.

You can read about Apso, my little shelter doggy here  




It was such a rewarding experience that I wouldn't trade for anything. Because of their ages and condition, I didn't have them very long but I treasure the experience and memories. 


Please consider these pets if you are adopting - and pass it along!

Apso - My little shelter doggy




Return to Home page of The Laughing Pet

1 comment:

  1. Some would say I'm less-adoptable, even though I'm so handsome and charming. I'm glad that so many bloggers are getting on board and getting the message out there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...